Want to run your own business? I work with owner/managers who plan to retire within the next few years, helping them to develop and implement succession and exit strategies.
Typically, they have single-handedly run a successful and profitable business for several decades. They deserve respect and a rest.
These are small businesses with only a handful of employees. They have not been generating enough gross margin to support the cost of a second manager. However, without that manager, they will not run for long. When an owner agrees, we recruit a General Manager who will progressively take over the day to day running of the business.
I want to hear from ambitious, entrepreneurial people with a good appreciation of the skills and disciplines required for a general management role. You need to be able to win the respect of the owner and the staff, and grow profits to a point where you become self-funding within a few months.
Attitude and personality are more important than specific sector knowledge, as the owner can impart that to you.
If you can identify new opportunities for growth and develop a sound, credible business plan, then I have colleagues who can help you to seek funding to make a bid to buy the business. Nothing is guaranteed, but everything is possible with hard work and determination on your part.
How to apply:
If this interests you, then I would like to add you to my database of potential management candidates. Please send your CV to me, but note and follow these rules carefully:
- Your message must contain this phrase – “You have my permission to retain a copy of my CV to enable you to match me with potential employment opportunities. I undertake to contact you again if I no longer wish you to retain my CV.”
- In the absence of this wording, your CV will be reviewed on receipt but then deleted from my database.
- I am not acting as a Recruitment Agent and will not charge any fees connected to any employment to you or to prospective employers.
- Currently I am focussing on the UK West Midlands region and on the manufacturing sector. If this location and sector do not appeal, then it is premature for you to be making contact. Check back every six months or so, because this could change.
- Your CV should be emailed to me, my consultancy email address can be found on my website and in my LinkedIn profile.
- CVs and messages sent to other addresses or by other means will be ignored.
- Please do not make unsolicited phone calls to me in relation to this subject, they disrupt my workflow and will not help your cause.
- I will review all CVs that comply with the forgoing instructions, but this takes time. You will receive an acknowledgment at that stage.
- CVs will not be accepted from third parties and agency commissions will not be paid.